Sunday, 3 April 2016

Writing a Letter by hand

Spring has arrived slowly and subtly around here, a time of transition. 

The air is still cool, the sun warms the skin but not the bones, It's still a little chilly to leave the house without a coat but a little too warm to wear one, many of the branches have pretty green buds emerging, tightly bound leaves in their very infancy, whilst the bold and proud magnolia are singing in all their showy splendour.

Walking hand in hand with Niah beneath the blossom confetti that falls below bright blue skies and birds that sing has me feeling so blessed.

As the new season of Spring builds in momentum so too will our energy reserves, now is the time for fresh inspiration, new projects and the manifestation of a long winters thought up dreams.  

Let us tune in to mother nature to receive. Hear. See. Feel.

"The earth has music for those who listen" Shakespeare

I've been sending out so many wishes just recently for a little more vitality and life force, so that I might find the energy to engage more in the creative pursuits I love.
Things have been a little quiet here on my blog so It's wonderful to stop by today with something lovely to share. I have recently taken part in a Letter Exchange, a wonderful slow and calming way to spend the peaceful moments that are Niah's nap time! 



And so, serenaded by the gentle sleep induced snores of my Beautiful girl I sat down over the course of a week to write a letter by hand, one of my favourite simple pleasures. 
Celia Hart was the name chosen for me to write a letter to, Celia is an artist who's work is inspired greatly by the Great British countryside as well as her passion for gardening and so these too became the theme of the little parcel I put together.


 I made some copies of one of my favourite old fashioned botanical books, and cut the finely drawn illustrations to decorate my writing paper.

 I also covered a matchbox and filled a miniature cork bottle with the tiny seeds of Basil.


 And made some doves of peace.



 "Nature never did betray the heart that loved her" William Wordsworth

I included some pretty gardening gloves for the new season. 

With everything wrapped in brown paper and tied with twine and the envelope securely sealed, the parcel was complete.




what a wonderful way to engage with new acquaintance, slow and simply, reminiscent of a time gone by.

Wishing you all the joy of Spring, have a wonderful week ahead.


Anyone is welcome to join in with The Hand Written Letter Exchange which is being run by the lovely Emma of ~
 'Silver Pebble' A talented lady indeed, making the most beautiful crochet and jewellery designs, her hand drawn botanical illustrations are so pretty, Emma also writes a really lovely blog. If you like the idea of a new pen friend, be sure to pay her a visit for more details.

And if you would like to have a look at the wonderful work of Celia Hart you can find her here.

4 comments:

  1. I feel so embarrassed that I didn't see this earlier... thank you for the beautiful letter and gifts, especially the tiny glass jar of seeds! I'll write back soon, but in the mean time I hope you are enjoying the spring flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia, please don't feel embarrassed! Really! You are very busy with your Beautiful work, I'm just pleased to have you here now, welcome xx

    It was my pleasure, I'm so pleased you liked them. I'm very much enjoying all the joys of Spring, I hope you are too.

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my clever friend......what a special thing you did here; so very thoughtful. Lucky Celia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I've really enjoyed making time to be creative this year ;) x

      Delete