Saturday, 19 December 2015

Heavy Eyes and Fairy Lights

Today was a day for rest, laying down at the windows edge and looking out to a cloudless sky. 

Today was a day for gentle sleeping, under soft blankets with Niah snuggled closely, allowing heavy eyes to close, deep breathes to flow out and inviting dreams to come in. 

As the day turns to night we decide to head out, a quiet stroll to look at the lights in the village, a thousand fairies dancing in the trees above.


  
Using yarn spun and dyed by her own hands, my friends mama has knitted Niah the most beautiful hat for the winter.

soft. Natural. warm.

After Supper I pour my self a hot cup of tea.
 In the distance I can hear the faint sounds of splashing fun and the tones of a nurturing Papa bathing our daughter, I take a little time for me.

Turning the pages of some of my favourite books, the inspiring words lift off the page and reach right in to my soul.

Words are a powerful thing. 

 'Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the whole earth revolves slowly, quietly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life.'
Thich Nhat Hanh



 Winter Solstice is almost upon us, Winter tidings of peace, Quiet reflections and Joy.

  
Wishing you an enchanting week ahead as the countdown to Christmas begins.

8 comments:

  1. One of my favourite things at this time of year is to be out in the evenings looking for Christmas lights. It's just so magical. Our house has so many sets of lights we have to have a system for switching off at night! :-)
    Niah looks adorable in her beautiful blue hat........does she play with the tassels? I think I would :-D
    I am currently drinking my redbush spiced tea slowly and thinking of you......xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, driving along the roads in the evening and strolling around our village is such a delight at this time! Twinkle twinkle everywhere x
      Thank you Linda it's definitely going to become one of those treasured garments to save forever :) And yes she does tug on the tassels as we stroll along with the pushchair xx
      Hope you enjoyed your tea X

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely week too - xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just about to make a cup of lemon chamomile and I will sit and drink it quietly . I just love your little one in that hat , such a beautiful gift :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh lemon and chamomile that's an interesting blend I've not tried before, I hope you enjoyed the stillness Lynn x
      It's so Beautifully made, hand knitted garments are such a treat and this hat really suits her :) x

      Delete
  4. Thich Nhat Hahn's writings are a favorite of mine to soak in. Thomas Merton was his close friend and I have most of his books too. The twinkle lights in the tree are so magical. I wish we had villages to stroll through. What a beautiful Christmas it will be for you with Niah at an age of eyes full of wonder. I wish your sweet family the happiest Christmas day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another little thing we share in common Kerrie x
    I've not heard of Thomas Merton, thank you I shall look him up!
    I feel so blessed every day to live in such a sweet quiet little village, it suits my way of life so perfectly, Have you ever visited England? X

    Thank you so much, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas time too x

    ReplyDelete