Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Mad as a March Hare

Writing in the evening seems to have become a regular feature for updating my blog since my day times have become occupied by a certain little lady.

 That certain little someone is bathed, soft, clean and smells so Beautiful in her freshly laundered all in one, tucked up in the next room. Bedtime breastfeeding, cuddling with cozy covers and breathing her in before she sleeps at night is one of my all time favourite parts of the day. 
 
And after the house rests still and quiet and I am at peace. And so here I sit, alone and quiet, a small window for me after a busy day.

I treated my self to this little hare from CachePot the little boutique and tea room in our village to celebrate the new season.


 In conversation the other day I discovered that Alex had never heard of the phrase 'Mad as a March Hare' which I learnt In country Living Magazine is a phrase that's been around for 600 years and is due to female brown hares at this time of the year that are seen leaping and boxing with potential male suitors to test their strength as a potential mate! I say we adopt the same leaping zestiness, perhaps not for the same reason but just to celebrate the oncoming of spring.


 My little hare took residency alongside my favourite Ivy plant in its vintage pewter pot, a saved fentimans bottle containing the tightly wrapped petals of an unopened daffodil and a few spring styled magazine tears.


He has a sweet little face with hand painted whiskers and a tactile jute jacket that might in the future be used as a pin cushion beside my sewing machine, he might one day belong to Niah but for now he can be seen making his way around a number of locations in the house reminding us to adopt a zest for life and that spring is soon on its way.


No comments:

Post a Comment