Thursday, 23 January 2014

Prayer Trees





This week seems to have come and gone before my eyes, I can't believe it's Friday tomorrow, I've only caught glimpses of it, peaking out from beneath my covers where I've been hibernating since Sunday, recovering from one of the many winter bugs that seem to be making their rounds at the moment, it's that time of the year.
Our weekend days pre-bug were spent with our lovely friends in Somerset, roaming the rolling valleys, visiting markets, sipping hot Chai from a flask and eating Amazing food from The Good Earth in Wells. Alex and I spent a day in Glastonbury where we went for a walk to visit the prayer trees with their colorful ribbons blowing against the grey winter sky, all of the hopes and wishes of the many who have made the climb to tie their intentions in such a poignant way. it was at this loacation just six months ago that Alex got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was wonderful to be there again as man and wife reflecting on all that has happened in the time that has passed, our wedding and honeymoon but mostly the days that have followed since then, Quiet in our home. Just us. Newly wedds. Happy. Content. Secure. Relaxed. At peace. Imagining and making plans for our future.
Thank you Mr Hooley, I'm loving being Mrs Hooley x

No comments:

Post a Comment