Sunday, 12 January 2014

Dawn-Light and Frost

Awake early this morning to greet the frost, wrapped up warm I was out the door not even five minutes after getting up, I love to be spontaneous like this sometimes it makes me feel so alive. The sun was only just starting to come up, the low dawn light was Beautiful.


Making my way through our village, pathways were white, puddles had become frozen sheets of ice and the grass verges crunched under foot. Every inhalation exhilarating the senses , filling the lungs with cool fresh air, every exhalation produced a fine mist. Neighbors were out jogging, walking their dogs or on their way back from collecting the Sunday paper, as I meandered along pathways and lanes with my camera, encapsulated by the Beauty of it all. Dried petals, seed heads and berries dusted and edged in a fine icy white,  showing intricate networks of detail and veins.

 
It was wonderful to get back home, and defrost under a blanket with a cup of tea. We've painted our kitchen today, it's not finished yet but already looks great, there's something quite exciting about a freshly painted wall. I hope you've had a lovely Sunday see you next week.




1 comment:

  1. Amazing photos.....love those blurry backgrounds ;-)

    ReplyDelete